mixxt

Welcome to mixxt!

The Movie Suggestion Thread

link this post written on 26/05/2013
  • To top

As the title says, discuss movies you have seen and/or would recommend that others watch.

My most recent one is Big Fish. Great flick, but it's one of those that you have to pay attention to, and get interested in the characters or you will fall asleep.

link this post written on 06/06/2013
  • To top
Like I said in my intro forum, Now You See Me. Everyone plays their character very well. I'm mostly just going to talk about Jesse Eisenberg (I fan girl for him.) Unlike his previous "awkward-guy" roles, in this movie he's more cocky and pretty much knows he's the shit. I didn't know what to think about it until I actually watched the movie and I loved every minute of it! It's hard for me to choose a favorite movie, but this is in the top of my list. Not even to mention that it also stars Morgan Freeman and Woody Harrelson! If you take things to heart as much as I do, you will also find it pretty motivating. While watching, and irl, remember this: Always be the smartest guy in the room.
  • To top

I actually want to go see "Now you see me" and "The Purge".

They both seem to be pretty interesting movies.

• To top
How were the special effects of NYSM? It's honestly the only thing that caught my eye in the trailer(s); If the magic tricks and such aren't convincing, I have no interest in this movie at all lol
  • To top
I want to see The Purge too! The special effects are pretty convincing, but I can't say much else without giving things away. :P
link this post written on 07/06/2013
  • To top
OK SO "The Purge" is pretty awesome. I have to say that means a lot, because most horror films that have been made recently didn't please me at all. I also have to admit it gave me so much paranoia - I had to check my car before I got in.. and being skiddish while driving.. and being creeped out just sitting here in the dark. *-*
link this post written on 07/06/2013
  • To top
Awesome news. Was afraid it would be really bad. I may just have to go see it.
link this post written on 09/06/2013
  • To top
You'll have to! I don't know if you're interested but "The Internship" was pretty hilarious. I actually didn't know what I was about to watch, other than just knowing the title, for the sake of watching a movie - I enjoyed it.
link this post written on 05/07/2013
  • To top

Am I a bad person for being okay with the premise of "The Purge" actually happening? I mean..I haven't seen the movie yet, but the idea of making everything legal and letting Darwin do his thing... 

I'm Okay with This

• To top

I thought something similar.

I also was wondering if crimes like petty theft, murder, and robbery were the only crimes that people would even try during such a time.

Like..is anyone developing ponzi schemes and other white collar crimes for this time period? Embezzlement, anyone? Lol

• To top

I would probably sit at home and download all the things...but not feel guilty about it. 

<--- rebel

link this post written on 07/07/2013
  • To top
Martyrs, good movie, it's a gore/ kinda horror film. I also just went and saw The Heat in theaters. Hilarious.
  • To top

I've been seeing a lot of buzz lately about Martyrs. I'm not exactly into horror films or I would definitely check it out.

Watched Pulp Fiction again last night; Can't recommend this movie enough. It's wonderful.

• To top
Eh, Martyrs isn't exactly horror per-say. There is definitely blood and gore in it, but I guess I would say it's more psychological.
link this post written on 08/07/2013
  • To top
Ooo I love psychological stuff, though. Blood and gore never really scared me. The only exception being the Saw movies...but even those have some psychological aspect. 
  • To top
^ Says the pre-med student who's scared of needles xD
  • To top

It's not the blooooodd it's the concept of REMOVING YOUR LIFE ESSENCE! =p

...or adding something to it.

• Statistics: 17 Posts | 34 Visits